Jake's Favourite Cookies
These quick and easy cookies can be whipped up on a moment's notice, and feature lots of healthy, delicious and nutritious ingredients! Jake loves these cookies made with applesauce and blueberries.
Important! This is not a substitute for a nutritionally complete meal. This is a treat recipe and may be fed as a fresh food treat in place of processed treats.
2 cups brown rice flour or buckwheat flour
3/4 cups quick whole grain oats
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup coconut oil
Add Ins (choose one or more of the following):
1/4 cup unsweetened peanut butter or almond butter
1/4 cup canned unsweetened pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup diced cranberries, blueberries or other firm fruit
1. Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl whisk water, oil and eggs. Add any 'wet' Add Ins, if using.
3. In a large bowl stir together the brown rice flour and oats. Make a well in the center of this mixture and add in the wet ingredients.
4. Sir well and when the mixture resembles cookie dough (you may need to add a little more water) fold in the diced fruit, if using. Mix until combined.
5. Turn dough out onto a floured surface and form into a ball. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough until it's about 1/3 of an inch thick. Cut out shapes and place on the cookie tray.
6. Bake treats for 17-20 minutes.